Friday, March 5, 2010

School Bathroom Nightmare, Final Part (hopefully)

Beginning the second toilet project did what we had hoped for the first project: provide some incentive to actually finish it. And sometime near the end of January, we declared the project finished, and began planning the toilet party.
To my disappointment, the toilet party included neither a toilet-shaped cake nor an inaugural use of the toilets by the director of the school. Instead, it was a long program of religious songs, performed by the girls in matching outfits, and a series of skits performed by the boys, including one about swine flu, one about hand-washing, and several other (very relevant) other skits about playing tricks on your neighbors. In all, a good time, and even though my toilet-cake idea was rejected, I still giggled to myself as I poured everyone lemonade, my private little joke with myself.