Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Curly ears are always better than normal ears, right?

So last week I bought a goat. My neighbors and I had been talking about getting a goat for awhile now, basically, I would make the initial investment, then sell the babies to get my money back, all the while milking it, making cheese maybe, and then leave it with the family when I left. Sounded like fun, since they agreed to take care of its food and everything, and who doesn't need a pet goat? I decided even if I didn't actually end up getting back my investment, just having a goat to milk, and goat babies following me around, and fresh goat cheese was worth the $120. Because the goal is mostly my own amusement, I of course bought the goat with the most ridiculous-looking curly ears. And then I named her Chantel, after the villain in Morocco's favorite Mexican soap opera, Frijolito. At first I was hesitant to name my goat after such a nasty character, but then I realized that getting a goat named after you isn't generally considered to be the best compliment. The village is pretty amused too.