Friday, January 29, 2010

School Bathroom Nightmare, Part IV

At some point I stopped being frustrated with this project, and started laughing at it, since taking five and a half months to build two toilets at a school is pretty comical. But it's done! Although I think I'd rather my name not be associated with this project at all, my one personal victory is that the original foreman that the director of the school and my sitemate and I hired way back in August (which, due to some still-unexplained politics, the association refused to allow to work,) was hired for the final touches - plumbing, electricity, and painting the toilets and the entire school a nauseating Pepto-Bismol pink. The association officers will never actually admit that had we kept this guy as foreman from the beginning, the toilets would have been finished according to the 15-day schedule, approximately 150 days ago. But we all know.