Friday, January 29, 2010

Am I crazy to be doing this again? Part I

Sometime in the beginning of August, about two days into the school bathroom project (when we were still working with foreman #1), my sitemate and I thought it would be fun to do this again, at the school in the enemy village down the road (the Izzies). So we asked for the money from Peace Corps, it arrived sometime in September, and we decided that as soon as the first bathrooms were built, we'd start the second ones. And then the months passed and the first bathrooms didn't look like they would ever be finished and the thought of starting this whole nightmare over again made me cringe, almost to the point of calling Peace Corps and giving back the money. But the director of the schools promised it'd be better this time around and that he'd make sure of it. So we signed a contract and made plans to start the project after the first of the year.