Sunday, September 12, 2010

God-Sanctioned Month of Laziness

Fasting Ramadan would be awful if I had to wake up before noon and leave my house before 5pm and had actual important things to do. But since I don't, I've been accomplishing a lot of lying around and watching TV shows and movies. (Or, "reintroducing myself to American life and culture...") This year's Ramadan accomplishments include:
Season 3 of 30 Rock
Season 3 of How I Met Your Mother
Seasons 5 and 6 of West Wing
The past eight months of Infomania
2 books (making my book-to-tv-episode ratio is about 1:50, embarrassingly low)
At least fifteen hours of Spades, the card game, in its two-, three-, and four-person forms
Seven feature-length movies

In my defense, I start every day at noon, (or one or two pm) by stepping outside and contemplating leaving my house to go do something more useful, but invariably the super hot sun drives me back indoors and back into my nice soft bed. I attempt this venture several times throughout the afternoon, always retreating defeated, to more TV show watching, until 5, my official jogging time (which, in the lazy spirit of the month has turned into a casual walk/jog).